Bogblins and Jangli

Hey everyone!

This is the very first post to Bogblins (bog + goblins). It mostly exists to catalogue my rambling thoughts while designing my own RPG, but is also gonna be a sort of campaign diary for my home game, with some additional random thoughts on RPGs, fantasy, representation, and a mix of the three.

To start off, a little about me: Hi! I'm a writer, RPG player (and I guess an RPG designer now), and book reading enthusiast. I'm also a professional dancer!

I'll also give y'all a little info on my game. Jangli is my (hopefully) rules-light RPG inspired both by Western Indian folklore and typical Western European fantasy. It's meant to follow the New School Revolution style of play (see here) and is mainly inspired by Into the Odd, the GLOG, and Mausritter. In terms of video games, it's like a cross between the latest two Legend of Zelda games and Raji.

Is it finished? Not at all. Does it exist? Barely. But the concept is there, I'm gonna be making it, and y'all are in for the ride, so long as you keep up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jangli Playtest is Out!

New Year's Resolution Mechanic

Oriental Adventures is Western Fantasy